Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Swim Lessons

Today was Luke's first day of swim lessons with Ms Shelly. I was a little concerned when Lucas said he would just sit in the car, he didn't want to get out of his carseat, he wanted to go home and take a nap, he couldn't swim because he had and ouchy on his knee, his legs were broken, may have been more excuses. These were all given to me on our two minute drive from our house to shelly's house!! Thank goodness Jackson is taking swim lessons with him and that Shelly has a cute little dog to coax Luke in the door. She had the two boys watch a safety video before getting in the pool. I obviously wasn't paying attention because about 20 seconds after getting outside I was taking off my cover-up and Kailyn jumped in!! She is fine, but it was a little embarrassing after just watching the video. This is something that Kailyn does daily at Colony West so I didn't thing too much about it. She doesn't mind going completely under, she actually prefers to be submerged. Back to the boys- they both did a great job swimming. They were learning to kick, use their arms to swim, and blow out through their noses. They also did a little playing and jumping in! KC, of course, was doing it all with them. When the boys were instructed to put their faces in the water Kailyn would be the first to do it!! It was fun - Mommy is very tired and so were the kids (sleeping right now, ahhh!). I'm hoping I won't get the numerous excuses on our way tomorrow! I don't think I will, he had a lot of fun and got a popsicle after his lesson! I will hopefully get some pictures in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment