Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Father's Day




We celebrated our Father's Day on Monday since Mark worked the weekend. I picked up a new Mexican recipes magazine and let Mark choose whatever he wanted for dinner. He chose a spicy hot shrimp and pineapple kabob paired with coconut rice and I added a mango/avocado salad. HE LOVED IT (and so did I). He even called Larry and Rosemarie to come by for a taste test. That was definitely the best part of his Father's Day gifts. He also got couple of shirts and ... what for it....I moved two of his movies to the top of Netflix queue. If you know me at all you know how hard it was for me to allow Star Trek and Transformers get to the top! I tried to suffer through both of these movies - went to bed halfway through Transformers and fell asleep on the couch during Star Trek. Anyhoo, I think Mark had a great day (at least I hope so). He is an amazing husband and an awesome father. The kids get so excited when he gets home from work. Kailyn cries at his feet until he picks her up and Lucas has usually already tackled him. The kids absolutely adore their daddy and love it when we get to spend all day with him. That usually means we get to do something fun and LT almost always get to go do "guy stuff" with Mark. For example - go to Lowes, yardwork, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment