Mark and I celebrated our 7th anniversary this past weekend in Kansas City. We
had a great time! Mark, Larry, and RoseMarie ran a 1/2 marathon
on Saturday morning and did awesome! They all ran together and had
a great time! Me...I sat in the freezing cold Panera, drinking coffee while they ran. It was packed in this place! It must have been the only place open so early. I was lucky to get a table.
I made two HUGE mistakes:
1. I did not order my food along with my coffee (i thought i would have plenty of time to get food later)
2. I ordered the largest coffee they have and I drank it all
You might wonder why this was wrong:
1. The line to order was out the door for a solid 3 hours - ick
2. If I got up I would for sure lose my table and have to stand awkwardly inside by someone's table
or
stand in the fa-reezing cold! um...no thanks!
so
i sat for nearly 3 hours starving, REALLY needing to use the ladies room and wanting
more coffee!
What have I learned from this experience?
I started my running training on Monday. This girl is not sitting
on the sidelines anymore. I'm not planning on running a marathon or even a 1/2, but maybe the 5K. Hey, maybe even the 10k eventually. I'm taking the running very slowly with my back.
The rest of the weekend was spent eating, laughing, shopping, laughing, eating, laughing, and eating some more!
I love my husband and the Millers!!!
P.S. We had to to leave our hotel at 5:30 am for the race. Mark
woke me up at 5:20! I love him dearly, but then he asked if I was going to take a shower!
In case you are wondering I had showered the night before (thank goodness). I now know
I can brush my hair, put on make-up, and brush my teeth all at the same time! Who knew!
Larry and RoseMarie after the race and still smiling!
had a great time! Mark, Larry, and RoseMarie ran a 1/2 marathon
on Saturday morning and did awesome! They all ran together and had
a great time! Me...I sat in the freezing cold Panera, drinking coffee while they ran. It was packed in this place! It must have been the only place open so early. I was lucky to get a table.
I made two HUGE mistakes:
1. I did not order my food along with my coffee (i thought i would have plenty of time to get food later)
2. I ordered the largest coffee they have and I drank it all
You might wonder why this was wrong:
1. The line to order was out the door for a solid 3 hours - ick
2. If I got up I would for sure lose my table and have to stand awkwardly inside by someone's table
or
stand in the fa-reezing cold! um...no thanks!
so
i sat for nearly 3 hours starving, REALLY needing to use the ladies room and wanting
more coffee!
What have I learned from this experience?
I started my running training on Monday. This girl is not sitting
on the sidelines anymore. I'm not planning on running a marathon or even a 1/2, but maybe the 5K. Hey, maybe even the 10k eventually. I'm taking the running very slowly with my back.
The rest of the weekend was spent eating, laughing, shopping, laughing, eating, laughing, and eating some more!
I love my husband and the Millers!!!
P.S. We had to to leave our hotel at 5:30 am for the race. Mark
woke me up at 5:20! I love him dearly, but then he asked if I was going to take a shower!
In case you are wondering I had showered the night before (thank goodness). I now know
I can brush my hair, put on make-up, and brush my teeth all at the same time! Who knew!
oh right, i don't get a medal or a wohoo for that.


No comments:
Post a Comment