Friday, April 22, 2011

Story Time

My dear husband has reminded me that I have neglected to document some classic stories that we will not want to forget.

Time: March 2011
Setting: our backyard Drive
I was pushing both kids on the swings on our swingset. Kailyn says, "push me really high momma". Me, "ok, hold on tight sis". She has been swinging for quite some time as high as i could get her on the swing. The entire time I was reminding her to hold on tight. She loves to lean back and just let her hair fall back and stare into the sky while she is swinging. Are you picturing it?? You know what's about to happen right? Yup, she let go with one hand which initiated the spiral, out of control swing, leading to her flipping backwards out of the swing. She did a complete back flip landing on her hands and forehead. I was paniced and shaking! During this little event her boot had flown off. That little girl stood up, brushed off her face (full of dirt) and started crying for her BOOT! Then, she got back on the swing and said, "push me high again momma." Once I got her going she hollered, "I'm a cowboy!".
Luke, "I think I'm done swinging now"


1 comment:

  1. While reading this, I was seriously waiting for Luke to not be as interested in swinging =) That's perfect!

    ReplyDelete