Friday, February 26, 2010

Trip to JC Penney's

After being cooped up in our house for weeks because of illness we were all ready for a little outing. I had a gift card to use at Penney's so it made sense to take the kids out there, right?? Well... I get one of those black carts that look like a stroller and get Kailyn all strapped in, Lucas was walking and away we went. We went straight to the children's department and what's one of the first things we see? A large display of Elmo, Zoe, Mickey, and Minnie dolls. I turned my head for approximately one second and in the mean time Kailyn has turned herself around and is now standing (facing me) crying for the dolls!! Did I mention that I had her strapped in?? We quickly leave this area while distracting Kailyn with a toy that I had in the diaper bag. Whew!! Ok, now off to shoes!! While browsing through the women's shoes I turn around to see my little Lucas walk straight into one of the glass tables/shoe displays!! Ouch!! As I'm consoling my injured son, Kailyn is throwing her toy as far as she can and saying, "OH". Lucas now insists on being carried (in case another table jumps out and smacks him in the head). It is not that easy to push one of those carts while carrying a 30 lb child and large diaper bag. I'm worn out at this point and just do what I can to get them to the car and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment