Sunday, July 6, 2014

Introvert

Where do you fit on the chart?  I think I have spent most of my life in the orange... :)  I do love the ... I spent my childhood training in a gym and I LOVED it.  I could do my thing with very little conversation.  I had plenty of friends, but enjoyed being in small groups with 1-2 others.  

Over the last few years I have started moving more into the yellow with pops of teal here and there.  Let's not get crazy, I will forever be an introvert.  I love to be at home with my family and close friends.  Going to huge parties make me nervous.  Large discussion groups, yikes!  Let me sidetrack a bit.  We are encouraged to participate in Bible studies, right?  I get it - it's important to share, pray, and fellowship with others without a doubt.  How does the introvert participate in the conversation?  It's not that I don't want to be a part, but in comes the extrovert.  LOVE the extrovert.  Some of my best friends fall into this category.  They like to engage, they like to talk, most don't like any pauses or silence in a discussion and jump in to fill the void.  Me, the introvert, is still pondering my thoughts on a discussion question from a few minutes earlier.  Lord help me with the obnoxious - so the opposite of me coming out of my shyness.  I'm getting all kinds of stressed out just thinking about it. Where can we compromise and all get to participate?  Our society encourages being an extrovert and has a skewed misconception of introverts.  A good portion of us are in fact introverts.  We are not antisocial, most aren't even shy, but need some time to process our thoughts.  

I would love to start a faith based accountability group on Facebook.    I'm up for suggestions on the set up.  Do a Bible study?  Periodic fellowship face time?  Comment or send me private message if interested in joining me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment