I'm always posting about our kids and things they have been up to, but this post is all about me.
Did anyone else sort of lose themselves after they had kids?
Ok...maybe it was just me!
Once Luke was born I was so completely in love and consumed with this little guy that
I didn't leave much time for me. Not long after Luke came Kailyn and then
survival mode began :) It really wasn't that bad! They were wonderful babies and
are growing up as best friends! I wouldn't want it any other way.
These two do almost everything together...LOVE!
There I go talking about the littles again.
When Kailyn was about 4 months old and we were celebrating Luke's 2nd birthday
I was ready to do something for myself. I have always loved
working out and it HAD always been routine for me.
After being pregnant and nursing for nearly 2 years straight my body was....well...
less than desirable in my opinion.
It wasn't so much about the way I looked because I do not think I was really overweight.
For me, it was all about self confidence.
Somewhere in the midst of pregnancy, kids, life I curled up into my little shell and
became VERY comfortable in there. Comfortable...yes, satisfied...no.
I have been blessed with an A-MAZING husband and extraordinary children, but I was not
happy with my lifestyle. I got up....took care of kids, did laundry, and i'm not exactly sure what else.
Back to Luke's second birthday.....that was when WE decided to make a change.
Mark and I purchased P90x and committed to doing the program TOGETHER.
At 8:00 every night for 90 days we went down to our basement and pushed play!
It was such an incredible change for us. It was something that we were doing together
and having so much fun! I was gaining more energy by the day and finding myself able
to do even more with the kids. Mark and I both had a great transformation. I ended up losing
about 20 pounds, but most importantly changed my outlook on life. I find myself wanting to be in pictures with my kids and family. We are forever changed and will never look back! I have completed several other Beachbody programs since that time and am loving every minute of it.
I have became a Beachbody coach almost 2 years after we started P90X. I truly have a passion for health and fitness. More about me on another day!


No comments:
Post a Comment