Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yes I did...

Pj's and snow boots - woohoo!
there are the rain boots once again!

YES I DID...
Have big plans this summer to
take adventure walks every morning with the kids and Gabby.
It's ok to laugh
We did have a great start....well...we went on one walk weeks ago!

Yes I did plan on days like this:
wake up
play time
swimming
naps/rest
crafts/painting/coloring
dinner preparation
family together time

This is how my mornings have turned out (and this is just the morning)
wake up to sweet kisses from my 2 year old...followed by whining for her milk
next step is getting the coffee going
usually the kids are already sneaking out the doggie door to play outside in their pj's
IF they have any shoes on at all is is ALWAYS rain boots for Luke and snow boots for KC
Next comes scolding them for picking flowers
followed by more scolding and timeouts for turning the hose on each other
ok...finally getting my coffee poured and...
Kailyn is scaling the dog food container to get to the hutch to reach the sidewalk chalk
on the very tip top AND
she gets it successfully!
one sip of coffee in and I see them coloring each other
with chalk and KC might even try to taste it or use it has lipgloss
regardless, she will have it all over her mouth and face.

you know what?? they are having fun and I'm enjoying it
even if my big plans have gone down the tube
we have done a lot of swimming in the mix

shhh.....sometimes (most of the time) I let them play in the hose
and I let Kailyn wear snow boots with a tutu and a pj top.
Luke wears his batman t-shirt nearly everyday (well every other... i do wash it)

Yes I did
put on a cute dress to run errrands today
I even put on make-up
I was feeling pretty good about myself
I made it to TJ Maxx (my favorite)
and then to Sam's
when I got home I look down to see this

did i just really go out with two different shoes on? and not notice until i got home?
YES I DID




yup, she is playing on the back porch in her pj's and a life jacket upside down
you can never be too safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment