Lucas slept great last night!! I was a little concerned that he would be uncomfortable with his cast, but it didn't seem to bother him a bit. He went potty all by himself (I'm sure you are thinking whoopty doo, but that was huge with his cast). Bonus - he didn't pee all over the floor although he did get a little bit on his pj bottoms, but I still count it as a huge success! He even said, "Mom, I like this cast and I think Jackson would like it too. Maybe he should fall so he can get one too". Although I am thrilled he doesn't find his cast torturous (for now anyway) I had to explain to him that we wouldn't want our friends to be hurt. Luke's response, "oh...right". I love this kid!
Maybe I should go back and explain the peeing on the floor thing. Those of you who do not have little boys have no idea what I'm talking about. I have found out that little boys sometime have a difficult time aiming their stream in the morning or when distracted by their little sister. Some helpful hints for those who are entering this stage with their boys or will someday have a little boy. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT under any circumstances take their matchbox car they have strategically "parked" on the sink while they are doing their thing. They will turn to see what is happening to their beloved toy and you might just get peed on (or at least your floor, shower curtain, or rugs might take the hit). It has ALL happened to me! He is getting much better with this, thank God! There have been some prayers sent up that my little man would just keep his urine in the toilet!! Enough about that!
I was a little concerned that Lucas the Lion would not be able to make his debut on the streets of Colony West subdivision due to his arm not fitting into his costume. Do not fret - we tried it on today and it fits like a glove (literally like a glove), but it will work. He is super excited to go to Mosey's house for some candy (be prepared Millers because we will come a knocking even if you don't have your light on). More cast updates to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment